Monday, September 8, 2008

Sensational Woman - Mike Hodge

Sensational Woman

I can remember it like it was yesterday
The way she used to stroke my face
Gently feeling my defining feature
Like a blind man would with Braille
Asking God, “Why take her life at this time?”
Feeling like a father who has lost his only daughter
Staring into her perfectly shaped eyes
Reminds me of pearls on a tropical sandy beach
Realizing her last hours as she lays in bed
As cancer controls her body as a jockey would his horse
Holding back sympathy and the tears as they begin
I knew she would be pain-free as I start to mourn
Because where she is headed no pain is necessary
No hurt, harm or danger
A smile that lights up venues
And a heart that made anyone feel loved
An angel which is pure like a stream in mountains
Who is now sitting high and looking low
On every obstacle I attempt to jump
And every trial that I defeat
Mother, thank you on making me the person I have become

No comments: