Monday, October 6, 2008

Dreams - Ruth Patrick

“Dreams”

i.
Play pretend, imagingin
futures unlivable,
dragons and magic
fireflies
candles
sisters friends and memories
reaching for the stars
time passes gradually
too much

ii.
Give me a voice;
I will be a rock star.
The world will take notice;
give me existence
or give me death.
Love is a bitter cliché.
Will I never win?

iii.
Eternity
rises to meet me.
Vision and prophesy give way
to the chaos of my home of unrighteous
dominion.
Let Zion rise.
Redeem me, let me
keep my peace.

iv.
Build me a castle of dreams.
Sometimes illusions are all we need
to fight the fears of born false hopes
and face the pain
of having been deceived.

I’ll wear a gauzy dress with veils and pearls;
a gypsy child posing as the queen.
You, the enchanter, shall play the king;
magically transforming into what I need.
Time is a temple of dreams.

v.
You are me and I am you and we
create each other
Words are all I ever had and it was
always
and never enough
I will turn the tide
I will return
I will ride this wave crashing down on me
into my destiny of dreams.
For when I left I vowed I would return
but then I learned the place
only existed
in dream.
I will be there.

vi.
Awakening

No comments: